Writing is my life. Life is my hobby. ~Emma Lai

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fall Facts and Winter Wonders with Loretta C. Rogers


Do you prefer fall or winter?
I prefer fall over winter.

Share your favorite thing about your preferred season.
As a Floridian, the heat and humidity of summer is over, and the mosquitoes are vacationing elsewhere. Fall is when the otters on my creek come out to play, and the wood ducklings are paddling around with their mother hens. Going for brisk morning walks is s pleasure, and most of all,  it's time to tune-up the motorcycle and get ready for riding season.

Turkey and dressing or candy canes and popcorn on a string?
I'm a real southern gal who loves turkey and dressing; and don't forget about the gravy--yummy. I still use my grandmother's recipe.

What things of 2012 are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for the two new book contracts I received. In January, I co-founded an RWA chapter in my small county. I'm thankful for the members and their enthusiasm; but most of all, I'm thankful for the 50 years of marriage, celebrated on Thanksgiving day, to my own personal hero.

What are you looking forward to in 2013?
2013 is a hallmark year. April 2nd will mark my 5th year being cancer-free; and in February, my grandson will return to the United States after serving in Afghanistan for a year. On the lighter side, I'm looking forward to the historical romance, The Witching Moon, that will release in 2013. 

Loretta C. Rogers also writes as L. W. Rogers


5 comments:

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Nice post! If you've been married 50 years, you were definitely a child bride. Congrats on accomplishments, including upcoming release.

Loretta C. Rogers said...

Thanks for dropping by, Flossie. I was a child bride at the tender age of 18. My mom had to sign giving me permission so DH and I could get our marriage license.

Ilona Fridl said...

Flossie,
Congrats on the two contracts! I just received one this year. I have to agree that fall is much better than winter, especially in Wisconsin. Although, we're getting an extended fall here in the SE part.

Jessica Nelson said...

I love autumn too! Thanks so much for the interview, ladies.

Loretta C. Rogers said...

Thanks Jessica & Ilona for dropping by and leaving a comment. Brr! Today, it feels like winter.