Writing is my life. Life is my hobby. ~Emma Lai

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review of Healer's Fate by Beth Caudill




Corliss Rumdone is a Healer on the fringes of the wolf pack hierarchy, but not enough on the fringe to prevent the Alphas from arranging a match for her. Instead of the undesirable Raymond--the beta of the pack--she mates with Liam, heir to the Alphas. To prevent challenges to the mating, Liam takes her away to his retreat, where they find anything but peace. Dark powers are at work, and the two must fight for their love.

I had to read the story in spurts because of my schedule. The first five chapters went by in a flash. The world was well-developed and the characters great. When I came back I was shocked to find a new twist in the story and didn't want to put the book down again. After the couple overcame the first big challenge, I might have benefited from taking a break because the next big challenge didn't hold the same emotional impact for me--even though it was well-written. 

The story was well done. The world great and rich in detail. The end introduced a whole new twist that left me curious about what else Ms. Caudill has in store. Definitely looking for more of her stories!

No comments: