Writing is my life. Life is my hobby. ~Emma Lai

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

His Hope, Her Salvation - Mates of the Guardian Book 2

Check out my new cover. Nicola Martinez is an awesome artist!

Blurb:
Judith's father plans to marry her off to an abusive man, but not before she resolves to find out if passion without love is possible. An overheard conversation in a common taproom leads her to an American merchant who might be able to satisfy her carnal curiosity.

Donovan, a Guardian Hunter, is on the trail of a rogue Elysian in Georgian England under the guise of being an American merchant. As the son of the First Hunter on the Ruling Council, he long ago gave up any hope of finding his heart's mate, but when Judith appears in his study, his inner beast demands he answer her plea for help.


Will their passion answer their hearts' pleas, or will it wither under the threat of reality?

19 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

Wow, that's gorgeous, Emma ;). Nicola does fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

It's soo pretty!! and HOT!! FIREY! PASSION!!! congrats!!

ashleyludwig said...

Nicola's GREAT!!! She did "By Another Name" for me.

Have to admit, I'm REALLY looking forward to your book, sweetie. Well done! CHEERS!!

~Ashley

Kaye Manro said...

OMG! It's beautiful, Emma! I'm so looking forward to reading your books.

Emma Lai said...

I'm so excited, ladies! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek Helen, Ashley, Kaye, and anonymous. :)

Marianne Evans said...

Congratulations, Emma! It's just gorgeous - and the blurb has me mightily intrigued. Can't wait to read it!

SarahAnn said...

Oooohhh, delicious cover! Great blurb, too.

Emma Lai said...

Thank you Marianne and Sarah Ann. It's always nice to get feedback on the blurb!

Caffey said...

Its so beautiful Emma! Gosh I so can't wait til these are out! Do you know yet how you plan to celebrate your first release and how you'll make it a celebration for each release? A date out? Framing the covers, starting a scrap book? :)))) So happy for you Emma!

Catherine Bybee said...

Lovely! Simply wonderful, Emma. I'll be you're excited.

Tonya Renee Callihan said...

It's a very pretty cover, Emma. And the story sounds great. Congratulations:)

MarthaE said...

Very Nice cover! The book sound intriguing! Congrats!

Emma Lai said...

Thanks Caffery, Catherine, Tonya, Martha and everyone else for sharing my joy! Getting the cover is almost as exciting as getting the book!

Good question, Caffey! So far, I'm collecting magnets of the covers. I hadn't thought of framing them. I also plan on starting a notebook with all my relevant documents.

Christina Phillips said...

Another beautiful cover, Emma, and I'm totally intrigued by the blurb!

I frame my covers :-)

Viola Estrella said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats!!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Nice. You should frame the covers. I have a vanity wall in my study, and I love it.

Emma Lai said...

LOL! It looks like I'm going to have to frame them! I am in love with them...so why not? Thanks Christina, Viola, and Elaine!

Skhye said...

Very cool! And intriguing blurb. Nicola whipped out the cover for SACRIFICIAL HEARTS. I love it!

Mary Ricksen said...

I love it Emma!!!